- ONG41008 is a new drug candidate which has therapeutic efficacy to both Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF) and NonAlcoholic
- It's a new molecule that can be protected by patents from around the world
- It's on the path to finalize the Discovery phase and move to the Preclinical phase.
Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF)
- Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF) is a progressive chronic interstitial lung disease with a high mortality rate. It is a rare disease with a high
medical unmet need because there is no cure. (More Information : ONG21001 family )
NonAlcoholic SteatoHepatitis (NASH)
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) is a condition in which excess fat is stored in your liver due to causes other than drinking.
- NASH is a form of NAFLD that causes fibrosis due to liver inflammation and cell damage.
- Between 30%~40% of adults in the United States have NAFLD and about 3%~12% of adults in the United States have NASH.
- NASH can lead to complications, such as cirrhosis and liver cancer. If NASH leads to cirrhosis, and cirrhosis leads to liver failure that could
leading to death.
- There are no approved therapeutic.
- The market was valued at US$ 0.7bn in 2016, and is expected to reach US$ 20bn by 2025, expanding at a CAGR of 46.1% from 2017 to 2025.
(Source: Research and Markets)
- Alarming rise in the diabetes and obesity prevalence would act as a driving factor for the growth of the market.
The Mechanism of ONG41008
- The entire MOA is undefined. But one of the discovered roles of ONG41008 is an EMT inhibitor.
In vivo data – IPF
- A comparative study of the efficacy of ONG41008 and Pirfenidon in a mouse model of pulmonary fibrosis induced by bleomycin.
- ONG41008 showed better therapeutic efficacy than Pirfenidon, the best-selling IPF drug.
In vivo data – NASH
- It's the results of therapeutic efficacy test using NASH-induced mouse model (STAM mouse).
- ONG41008 reduced the area of ballooning caused by excessive fat accumulation in the liver.
- Overall, ONG41008 significantly reduced the NAFLD scores, demonstrated its potential as a new drug for NASH.